Nocturnal Souls has been around since the dawn of time... or at least the dawn of the MMO. Starting back in Everquest, we have always maintained the philosophy of "do more with less". We pride ourselves in finding players that are dedicated, loyal, and above all, skilled. We thrive on defeating encounters with strategy, not numbers.
What is expected of our members?
1. Maturity - Age is not so much a factor with us. In the past, we have had some very capable members that did not fall in the "18+" range. However, we do require a member to be able to follow instructions, keep the drama out of the guild, and be able to chat in complete sentences.
2. Availability - Back in the old days of Everquest, we scheduled full guild raids 4 nights a week, and had 1-2 more optional raids a week as well. While we fully intend to have plenty for members to do, we are a lot more forgiving of a persons out of game schedule than in the past. That said, we are not looking for members that play once a week. Because we are not interested in having a guild with 100+ members, its vital that our members maintain a higher level of attendance than in a pure "casual" guild. On average, we would like our members to play 4-5 nights a week for 2-3 hours a night.
3. Sense of Humor - Many of us have played together for many years, and as such have become very good friends. We tend to joke around with each other quite a bit. Its important that our members understand our verbal sparring is strictly in fun and we never take it seriously. That said, we tend to keep our conversations in a manner that is PG-13, so to speak. We are not interested in vulgarity and will not accept any type of chatting that can be found offensive.
4. Team Oriented - We expect our members to contribute to the guild in some way. What that contribution is we leave to the individual members to decide. Grouping with other members for quests, using trade skills to outfit other members, simply entertaining other members with excellent guild chat... the choice is yours. A guild is a team effort and everyone is expected to contribute.
What are the goals of the guild?
1. Having FUN - This is the number one priority of the guild. If our members are not having fun, then we have failed in our chief goal. We plan on doing this by having plenty for our members to do. Group questing, 10 man raids, 20 man raids, assisting with Rifts... we plan on doing it all. Several of us will be exploring the PVP aspects of the game as well, though PVP is not something we will require anyone to do.
2. Progression - Everyone likes to improve his or her character. That can be accomplished through levels, gear, titles, or any number of things. One of our goals is to constantly improve the guild. Naturally, this is done by making our members stronger. We will do this by making sure we utilize available tradeskills, saving found gear for members, and of course... running dungeons. All this will lead to the ultimate goal of being able to master every instance, dungeon, and raid encounter the game has to offer.
What are the raid days/hours?
We will be doing 20 man raids on Mon/Wed/Thurs from 7-10 EST. 10 man on Sunday from 3-6 EST.
How do I apply?
Please contact Grishnor, Tortelvus or Jaisu in game, or leave a message on the forums and we will get in touch with you.